January 04, 2005

All is well, all is well

I'm emerging earlier than planned, largely to avoid Ken's dreaded 30 day policy, but also to acknowledge Marilyn's handling of the sentencing back in Idaho, as the fall-out of me losing my final trial there, then leaving for Washington. Client didn't get 7 fixed, as the headline suggests; it could have been a lot worse.

There still will be significantly fewer posts here for the time being as I acclimate professionally. Here on the South Puget Sound, it's been gorgeous, with crisp and cold blue skies, the Olympic Mountains visible in one direction, The Mountain (Rainier) in another. I've spent some time shadowing the other felony attorneys and learning the local folkways and customs of the courthouse, which do seem unduly lenient and even liberal to an Idaho guy. Ah well, I suppose I can adjust...

0 Comments: