December 08, 2005

ID: threaten a dog, go to jail

If I still lived in Twin, I would have a hard time explaining it to my shepherd-heeler mix if I defended the accused in this case:

Man faces felony for allegedly threatening police dog

A 38-year-old Twin Falls man, bitten by a police dog when he was arrested, faces a felony charge of intimidating a witness for allegedly threatening to kill the animal... Philip Allen Warren made the threat to Twin Falls County Sheriff's Deputy Morgan Case, the handler of Croix, a 4-year-old German shepherd... Warren made the threat after being taken to the Magic Valley Regional Medical Center for treatment of a dog bite...

According to Prosecuting Attorney Grant Loebs, ...Idaho law protects potential witnesses against retaliatory threats against property, including pets or family. "He made a threat against the policeman to kill his dog," Loebs said.


My cat on the other hand would start a legal defense fund.

0 Comments: