July 31, 2009

Hiatus

The blog is five years old now. It's had a few good years, and a few years of gentle steady decline. It's given me a place to post about representation, depression, transitions, and a few odd obsessions (and post about the kid, dogs and cats). It's made me some excellent new friends and brought me into contact with some quite remarkable lawyers, investigators, law professors and others (if I skipped a link, look for yourself in the blogroll). And now it's time, arbitrarily, capriciously, to give the blog a rest. There were so few public defender blogs back in 2004; it's great to think how many followed, and how many there will be to come. This site will stay up, and maybe it even will be relaunched. Until then, happy trials to you, 'til we meet again.

- "Skelly"

Happy Trails - Roy Rogers

19 Comments:

Petition For Review said...

You will be missed. Thank you for waiting until I was done with law school to stop blogging. It was so great to have something real to see and aspire to during law school.

Donzell said...

I know that this is not the last that we will see of you on the internet. Until we meet again, my friend, take care.

Ray said...

There's something biblical about giving it--and yourself--a rest: e.g. the sabbath, the jubilee year. You've done some fine work here; you deserve some down time.

Melissa said...

Take care Skelly.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Take care and don't be a stranger.

Blonde Justice said...

Do what feels right to you. You'll be missed and I do hope you'll be back. Take care.

karl said...

John:

Hurry back.

- karl

Shelley said...

Best of luck!

skalding said...

I hope this is just a break for you! Breaks are good.

Regardless, be well Skelly! - you got me thinking nearly every time I came here. And there's nothing so difficult to do.

Family Law Attorney said...

Great blog that will hopefully not be shutting down for good. Places like these are sorely needed on the net: they show that reason still has a place in the world.

Sancho said...

I'm gonna miss ya on the blawg my West Coast bruddah!

With that being said, I'll be starting a betting pool on when you'll be back! Months are starting a 10 bucks a pop...

Orlando Attorney Shane Fischer said...

It's been a great run! And you've left behind alot of great content for us to pick through :)

Thanks!

Adam said...

Good luck and hopefully see you back later!

Indefensible said...

Will miss you. Thanks for the shout-out and for keeping me company these last four or five years.
D.

k said...

But its still arbitrary and capricious

Anonymous said...

Doesn't seem capricious at all.

White Plains Divorce Lawyer said...

Old style but looking more safe as usual...
Thank you for sharing..

expat divorce said...

Shame you've stoped posting! Some great posts.

Denver Criminal Attorney said...

I just found this blog and am sad that you have turned off the lights. I will go ahead and read the archives for your good info about criminal law and the communities that can be better served through high quality representation and strong programs.