March 18, 2005

The sleeper must awaken



From Busy, Busy, Busy:

Shorter Professor Eugene Volokh:

Something the Iranian Government and I Agree on


* Killing I like, but public torture followed by slow, agonizing death really gets me off.


lv Miniver Cheevy (child of scorn).

See also Majikthise, Alicublog, The Poor Man, In Medias Res, Consider Phlebas, Balloon Juice and especially Obsidian Wings. Will someone please page me when Volokh's modest proposal is covered on Fafblog?

I have put in my hours in the holding cell with another human being facing the death penalty.

Now the level of rational discourse from the finest law schools is, not only do we embrace torture and capital punishment, but we need to make execution more painful and cruel.

If I don't wake up from this nightmare soon, I'm going to puke.

Update:
"Again! Kill him again!" people shouted...

See also
Digby, and So It May Secretly Begin, and Is That Legal?, and Lawyers Guns and Money, and The Mahablog, and uggabugga, and Backwards City, and Terminus, and Mirror of Justice, and Blogenlust, and River City Mud, and John Adams Blog, and Corrente, and The Green Knight, and Robert's Stochastic Thoughts and...

Quite a wake-up call. Thanks, bloggers. Hope others hear the alarm

0 Comments: