July 06, 2006

On p.d.'s., everybody's an expert

"Hi! I'm K.A. Ray, professional writer. You may remember me from articles such as "Memory Foam Contour Pillow," "Spraying, Chewing, and Clawing; Correcting Bad Behavior in Cats" and "How to Get Rid of Silverfish."

"Now I'm here to give you the benefit of my law-talking wisdom in "Should I Hire the Public Defender? Don't Gamble on Your Freedom""

The "takeaways" :

Unless you want to gamble on your freedom, find the means necessary to directly hire an attorney.

A public defender might not be free. If found guilty, you'll have to pay in more ways than one.

It's in your best interest to dismiss the public defender and hire an attorney willing to fight.


"But wait, there's more".

Type a letter to the court requesting the dismissal of the public defender. You don’t have to go into details as to why you want the public defender dismissed...

There are many attorneys who are willing to take credit cards...


(And be assured, K.A. delivers the kiss-off phrase "public pretender" not once but twice. Colleagues of mine, there's a place to leave your comments, and to click on a scale from 1 up to 5 to rate the post. I gave it a 1 - you can too!)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, really late on this, but I just got back to blogging. I saw your post, read the article and for some reason it got me so mad, that I wrote this:

http://publicdefender.typepad.com/public_defender_blog/2006/10/its_on.html

Thought maybe you'd enjoy it.