February 18, 2005

The lady or the tiger

The owner and proprietor of Crime and Federalism is back to posting more and more on his site, and a good thing too! For a while, it seemed that C&F had been hijacked by a guest blogger with his own agenda, who just didn't care to write about crime, the first word in the title of the blawg be damned. Mike, we've missed you, man!

Here is a new quality post by Mike, inspired by David Giacalone: Public Defenders or Court-Appointed Attorneys? Giacalone recently blawgged that Too Many Assigned Counsel Don't Give a Damn. My new county's responded by taking more indigent defense in-house, and creating five brand-new p.d. positions, which is the only way I could've scored the sweet job that I now enjoy.

I've thought a bit about this issue in my professional capacity, and I might have more to say about it in the future, but for now, go read the thing and the comments, while I go off to drop the boy with my folks and take my wife up to Vancouver to mark our tenth anniversary. Cheers!


The Law Courts, Vancouver, B.C.
(Arthur Erickson, architect 1979)

1 Comment:

Mike said...

Thanks for the kind words. I actually wrote that post hoping that folks like you and the author of "Three Generations" would chime in, so please do so at your blog, or at mine.