June 24, 2005

Grant County, WA soul practitioners

It's been far too long since I've been able to pass along a story of law out in the Channeled Scablands. Here's the latest from Moses Lake:

Legal eagles find moral support in new partnership

I would tell you my initial reaction to this photo, but then I'd lose my coveted "Nice Blogger" award. Lord knows that indigent defense in Grant County can use an integrity infusion after the last guys. I will pass on this comment from the lawyer-head on the right:

"Over the years, there have been a lot of folks, I'm convinced, and I think it's amply documented, who have even pled guilty to or been convicted of crimes they may not have committed, have been sent to prison for longer than they should be there, and I think that there are old cases like that that should be relooked at," Ahrend said, adding that he does not want to target or criticize hardworking public defenders.

Uh.... thanks?

0 Comments: