October 02, 2006

Types you meet in practice: the YMAL

The Menagerie conducts a little field anthropology:

There is a type of young, male lawyer that keeps popping up as opposing counsel in my practice... They haven't figured out that different people require different approaches, so they use the only one they've got: both guns blazing right out of the gate...

I find this really amusing. Unfortunately, YMALs do not appear to have a sense of humor... Their act makes me laugh, and the longer I talk to them, the more amusing I find them. This seems to increase their annoyance and the chest beating behavior escalates, which, in turn, makes me want to laugh, so I end up sounding even more bemused...


They also get jobs as interns in prosecutors' offices. Judging from our recent discussion, apparently some p.d. interviewers favor this sort of young lawyer too.

0 Comments: