October 05, 2006

WA: Washington, my Washington

Now then, some things about my adopted state that I love unreservedly:

- my new U.S. senators, Murray and Cantwell, both voted against torture (my old U.S. senators, Crapo and Craig, both voted for it)

- someone went out and lovingly took present-day pictures of the location shots from Twin Peaks ("Twin Peaks, WA", link via Metroblogging Seattle)

- in some ways, Twin Peaks is a Washington State documentary (and some days, some of my clients and their families could be from there)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the Twin Peaks post, my family were ALL addicted to that program when it was on air!
I am a proud member of the Twin Peaks Home Owners Association, I have two Twin Peaks Sherrif Department T shirts, two Twin Peaks Coffee Mugs, the Twin Peaks newspaper, and the Access guide to Twin Peaks, as well as Laura Palmer's Secret Diary.
It's the most serious fan behavior I've displayed in my life! :)

Some of my friends and neighbors belong in Twin Peaks but they don't know it because they either did not watch the show or they did not understand the show and quit watching.
Kyle MacLauglin grew up in naseg gulag, and my son had one of former teachers. She said my son had a lot of traits in common with Kayle.