November 02, 2007

A love letter from Martindale-Hubbell®

"You know what a love letter is?":
We recently notified you of an annual $50 administrative fee associated with the maintenance and upkeep of your Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings indicator displayed throughout the Martindale-Hubbell® Legal Network. If this fee is not paid by 11/9/07, your rating will no longer be displayed in our online and print resources. While this may not eliminate your rating, it will exclude it from being seen by over 1 million visitors that reference Martindale-Hubbell when evaluating and selecting a legal resource. You can submit a credit card payment for your 2007 administration fee via www.mhur.com/prradmin or by calling us at 1-800-892-6998. If you have already paid this fee, please disregard this notice.

(This one goes out to my little friend at LexisNexis®, who's been visiting the blog every weekday since I got Martindale-Hubbell®'s previous letter.)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. I just received this and was shocked at receiving an unsolicited invoice. I get them from Yellow Page outfits all the time but at least they put a notice buried somewhere that this is not a bill. I am not a subscriber and if I were I would cancel. If you pay for a listing doesn't it almost seem like you are buying it? It is a minor matter but also insulting to be billed out of the blue.