January 31, 2006

ID: a place to recover

Turning lives around - Jubilee House one step closer to reality

The dream called Jubilee House came to Vicki Adams two years ago when she got a phone call from a woman in jail.

Adams had met the woman one Sunday morning a year before when she walked through the doors of the Community Christian Church. The troubled young woman attended a couple more Sunday services and then disappeared. Adams didn't hear from her again until she got the phone call. She went to visit her at the county jail.

"She said, 'When I walk out these doors, I have no place to go. I have no job, no money and no one will take me in except my druggie friends and you know I can't make it. There's no place here for women and you need to do something about that,'" Adams said.

So Adams did do something about that. With the help of others in the community, Jubilee House, a proposed one-year, faith-based residential substance abuse program for women, is a step closer to reality...


I knew some of the people involved in this. Congratulations to them.

0 Comments: