February 26, 2007

For a British p.d., a lump of coal

In the UK, as the Public Defender Service closes offices and management cheerily proclaims The Way Ahead, our Newcastle colleague at "The Dharma Blues" is more than a bit dharma bummed:

How my employers announced i had lost my job...

In one month, I will be officially unemployed as my office is closing down. My clients abandoned to the local sharks...

I have been offered the chance to relocate to the mobile lawyers unit providing cover throughout England and Wales. Alternatively, I can apply for the position of Project Assistant for the LSC in London...

I really won't mind working in a coffee shop for a bit...


I know that job woes can make you knooled, but in my mental picture of the Mobile Lawyers Unit, the barristers are quite dashing, knights-errant racing from shire to shire, armed with nothing but their wits and their laptops. Best wishes.

0 Comments: