March 04, 2007

Client on p.d.: "I am forever in his debt"

Taking a break from missing the green misty forests of his Northwest home, Strangefutures read some public defender bloggers and thought about his own p.d.:

It's obvious from the blogs that the public defenders see themselves as courageous, hard-working, bastions of freedom. It's also obvious that they generally think their clients are ungrateful and a bit dim.

I am very grateful to my public defender. His name is Kevin... The man was seriously bright.

It's been a long time, but I still remember being in awe of how good he was at being able to switch from case to case during a court session... So yes, the stereotype of public defenders being overworked seemed to be borne out. As far as not getting proper time and attention from him...I can't say that was true. I certainly didn't get the time I would've liked, but the time he did have he gave me his full attention...

0 Comments: