August 01, 2006

Long time gone

Hey, I'm back - what did I miss?

* Ken Lammers of Crim Law announced his switch from our side to the prosecution. This is huge news, and I wish him well. Read Lammers' reasons for the move (and some pretty interesting comments). David Feige was rumoured to be stopping off on the way home from Macon, GA and good ol' NCDC in order to kick Ken's ass.

* Injustice Anywhere returned, and I'm really pleased. Now there are at least two juvenile public defenders blogging from beautiful Washington State. Welcome back. (Thanks for the heads-up to The Wretched of the Earth.)

* Also here in WA, A Young Whig left the Temple of Justice after finishing his clerkship with Justice Sanders, and said, "I miss Olympia already." Coincidentally, rolling into the blast furnace east of the Cascades last week, I said the same thing. Young Whig's going to Alaska - perhaps he'll find the dearly departed Steve of Alaskablawg.

* Abolish the Death Penalty reported the sad story of the irony-deficient Missouri doctor who, upon being exposed as a participant in over 50 lethal injections, lamented, "Nobody is going to hire me. It's poisoned my career."

* Public Defender Wear came out with some fun new designs.

* While I took a vacation back to my home state, Audacity took a vacation to Europe, which is, like, so totally unfair.

* In Wisconsin, Professor Shortpants made it out of isolation and proceeded to bite the hand that feeds him. Or foot.

* SWD at A Public Defender's Journal hit the state caseload standard of 300 closed misdemeanor files per year, but didn't think the county would take the rest of the year off.

* after 33 years, righteous Seattle public defender Bob Boruchowitz went on to his just reward: teaching at Seattle U. (thanks to Public Defender Stuff for that one (truly a site to check regularly)).

I'm sure that there's much more out there, with much catching up to do. Still, I can't say that taking a break from surfing and blogging was all bad.

0 Comments: