February 22, 2007

" 'These are the guilty!' he announced, happily"

Law student Sfrajett receives an annuciation at the Public Interest Job Fair:

I spoke with people at legal aid clinics, child services, and the public defender's office--all lovely, friendly, skeptical people who loved their work...

A little man with white hair that stood out in wispy strands around his face shook my hand. His baggy sweater hung on his shoulders... "Do you know what we do?" he asked.

I confessed that I didn't... He nodded his head, satisfied. "We do post-conviction habeas petitions for people on death row."

"Fabulous!" I breathed. I couldn't help it. It just came out...


Read on for how things go from there.

Bonus links: "Hey man, my school day's insane /
Hey man, my work's down the drain..."

0 Comments: