August 17, 2004

Not wanting to turn this into a political blog, however...

Maybe it was Southern Appeal's leading me to this "excellent opinion piece" that so filled my head with Newspeak and a dull pounding sensation...

If I could've reconciled the thinking behind the statement

"I WILL VOTE FOR GEORGE W. BUSH INSTEAD OF JOHN KERRY because I still believe in the rule of law, and I want to do whatever I can to preserve it"

with a memory of the past three years' DOJ actions and the position of the government in Hamdi, Padilla, and Rasul, my headache probably would have cleared up without a dose of clean high desert air.

As it was, I got some sun and took a couple hours vacation time this afternoon to meet my wife and son out at the airport and help send off John Kerry after his Idaho vacation:
 Posted by Hello

 Posted by Hello

 Posted by Hello

 Posted by Hello


Links here to Kerry statements on the right to counsel and public defenders.

0 Comments: