August 28, 2005

P.D. job seeker tip

If you were blogging and looking for a job, wouldn't it occur to you that your future employer might know how to search the Internets?

Maybe I'm just unkind. But I care - I really do... about the potential public defender clients who could get assigned to this person. In the future, if you're applying for other public defender jobs, you might want to avoid posts like this (or at least not leave them lying around in public places where busy-bodies like me can find them and share them):

I have an interview with the public defenders coming up. I WILL NOT botch it this time. I WILL NOT waffle on anything: they ask me how long I can commit for, I'll say 5 years without saying "how long do you need me for?". They say what division sounds best for you and I'll say juvenile (because it does) but that they all sound interesting and I can see myself being happy anywhere... And goddess help me if they make me do another role play...but no tears! no fucking tears! I am stable!

Okay: I am totally with you, blogger, on the subject of role-playing! However, while it gives the rest of us great insight into the mind of one person trying to get a p.d. job, you might not want to share that much with the person across the hiring table. On the other hand, if they surf the Net at the place you're applying, you may have made the hiring person's decision a bit easier.

0 Comments: