August 06, 2006

Wolf and his friends


A fine time was had just south of here yesterday, at the Wolf Haven Howl-In:

We added another native Idahoan to our family by adopting Zuni. Joe was disappointed to know that his new wolf brother won't be living at our house; the plush wolf pup will do til we visit Zuni again. Reading his bio, I learned that Zuni has a few of the same strikes against him as some of my clients: he and his litter mates

were raised without the leadership of elder pack members. Born into a captive situation, they were taken away from their parents at a very early age... When the pack arrived at Wolf Haven, they were a little over six months old, and although deprived of interaction with parents or older packmates, the pups had indeed forged a loose social order between them...


I wish Zuni and his siblings a happy life, and the people at Wolf Haven seem committed to providing it. Now that we don't live in Idaho anymore, I can say it loud: ever since I was a kid, I've really liked the wolves.

0 Comments: