September 13, 2006

"Today we are in a struggle..."

Some days I would lay into a remark like this one from AOL Journals:

Lord knows we are thankful for (name of private criminal defense lawyer) as a public defender would let my brother rot in prison forever, and this I know for sure...

Today I don't feel like it. This post doesn't leave me snarky, it just makes me sad. For desperate people on either side of the jail bars, hope comes wherever they can find it, sometimes including the hope that might come from spending money on a private lawyer:

(T)he money for the attorney is overwhelming...

I have lost faith in Johnny's attonrey (private lawyer A) and am in the process of hiring the top defense attorney in our county...(private lawyer B). And to say the least, he is a FORTUNE!

My brother has really been his own attorney and findng so much case law on his own, I joke now that he is Johnny, Esq...


May Johnny make it safely through his coming trial.

0 Comments: