December 28, 2006

ID: one more murder for Twin Falls County

From the Times-News:

Charged with Murder - Police: Accused worried victim would 'snitch' about robberies

A Twin Falls woman and three Hazelton men have been charged with the first-degree murder of Jessie Aaron Coates, 19, of Hazelton and with developing an elaborate plan to murder Coates and dump his body in the South Hills.

Fredy Heredia-Juarez, 21, James Roy John Jr., 19, Michael Lee John, 18, and his girlfriend, Nicole Lea Baker, 23, were arraigned Thursday in Twin Falls County court on charges of murder and criminal conspiracy. If convicted, all four defendants could face death sentences or spend their lives in prison...


19... damn. My old county (pop. 66,000) finishes this year with more murders than my new county (pop. 225,000). My poor old office. Poor Twin.

Update: video here. The woman with red hair is the chief public defender. Note that there are no sally ports to the courtrooms.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, living in this area is becoming more and more frightening. It makes one wonder what is going on in the lives of 19 and 20 something kids, that make them assume that murdering someone was the only option, or the option to take to avoid arrest. I work for a sister store of one of them that was robbed and I am still scared, but what do you do? Live in fear because even in Idaho, the magic valley, you are not safe....

Anonymous said...

Yah i use to go to school with the boys involved in Hazelton Idaho. I am 18 and since moved as far away from hazelton as possible at the age of 14. My mother saw my friends and the routes they were going down, and valley high school there in Hazelton is not far behind, that had to be the worst orchestrated school i have been to in my life. My father being in the military, i have been to several high schools, valley high school is far the worst. Those individuals were always known for fighting or getting into trouble, when i found out abou the incident, it was not shocking to me. The sad thing is they were all friends in high school.