December 06, 2006

Must've been high

From Knit and the City:

So, what was I doing in Key West - well, to the shame of the conference organizers, I was not smoking weed. Out of all the public defenders to send to NORML's national conference, our office sends the non-toker...

I won't say it - but, let me just put it this way. I was the only public defender at the conference. Everyone else was a member of the private bar - and man were they high on themselves. Crack after crack after crack about the dumb pd, the ineffective pd, the pd this, yadda yadda . . . enough already.


Nice sunsets though. Pictures too.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a PD member of the NLC/NORML and have been to key west and I have never felt disrespected or put down in any setting involving NLC. On the contrary, I think a lot of the private bar in NLC respect us. I also found folks quite willing to pick up a tab etc. when they knew I was a PD.I never heard the anti-PD kind of comments...