December 28, 2006

WA: Nirvana's not here

This county's comparatively mellow, less meth, more marijuana, but it's still far from Lotus Land. From the Olympian:

Killer sentenced: 'I do lack remorse'

Paul "Playboy" Johns was defiant Wednesday as a Thurston County Superior Court judge sentenced him to more than 66 years in prison for Lynn Soeby's shooting death in May.

"I'm not going to stand here and BS the court. I'm not going to stand here and BS the Soeby family," said Johns, 29. "You're right. I do lack remorse. I grew up with nothing. I have nothing. ...

"You guys want my life, cool, I'm about to spend my life. No matter how we look at it, Lynn ain't coming back. Neither am I. I don't ask for your guys' forgiveness or the court's forgiveness..."


Sex offender jailed after online baby-sitting ad

A neighbor of John Gilbert Gray on Fern Street became alarmed after discovering that Gray, a convicted Level 3 sex offender, was advertising his services as a baby sitter on craigslist.org...

0 Comments: