February 12, 2006

Off-topic: citius, altius, fortius

My trial set for Monday settled last Friday. As for me and my house, we've been basking in this stuff that I vaguely recall from my sagebrush days as "sunshine." When we haven't, we've been feasting on endless Winter Olympics coverage on NBC and CBC. It took my wife and me back to that Brigadoon-like moment four years ago when Salt Lake was hip and happening, a day when we went from seeing sweet Croatian Janica Kostelić going downhill way faster than human knees were intended, to cracking wise to a CBC reporter about America's sweethearts Salé and Pelletier.

Watching the CBC Olympics coverage on cable has been pretty great. Where else could I not feel guilty for cheering when the American luger got bumped from the bronze by the plucky Latvian Mārtiņš Rubenis? I for one welcome our new Canadian overloads.

0 Comments: