February 09, 2006

WA: area residents dazed, confused by warm shiny object in sky

I left the courthouse (motto: "Imagine a courthouse designed by Ewoks"), rolled the window down and drove around positively giddy from the warmth of the sun, a thing not seen around these parts since, oh, November or so.


















The Mountain was out, the Olympics were out, the Russian sailors were in port, and I had to take photos of it all because the sky was just so darn blue. My mental soundtrack was playing "you're my blue sky, you're my sunny day" and "a dreaded sunny day, so let's go where we're happy..."










Then it started getting dark, at a decent hour like 6:00 p.m., not 3:30 as it's seemed all this long South Sound winter, so with thoughts of spring I headed home toward my side of town.

0 Comments: